Thursday, March 24, 2011

About the Artist - {Sally Tharp}


How would you define your style of painting? 
I would describe my style as realism,  but not photorealism.  I want to convey my feelings about what I am painting versus duplicating an image.

  
How long have you been painting?
I have been paining full time for 2 1/2 years.  


What do you hope to express through your work?
I hope to show a warmth, softness and beauty of things in which most people wouldn't expect to find it.  And by magnifying things and painting them on a larger scale, I am giving them an importance that comes with that size.


How many hours a day are spent in your studio/ What would a typical viewer see if they observed you in your studio? 
I am in the studio every day.  On most days, I am there all day and other days as much as I can sneak away!  My studio is an out building at our house, so I can be available to kids but still working.  My studio is full of my "treasures"!  (That isn't what my husband calls them :) )  I am so blessed to have a creative environment with so much inspiration!  I usually have many canvases sitting around in various stages of completion and still life fodder and bottles and jars everywhere.  I have all my window sills lined with rocks and bottles and I have a huge old bar back that is perfect for storing everything else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment