Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Common Question - How to collect artwork


We often have people come in and ask us how to collect artwork. Our first response is to collect the works that you love, and the paintings that move you. If you are going to be enjoying these works for years, then they should continue to make you react in some positive way on a daily basis. When asked for more in depth about how to collect, we suggest always doing your research on the artist. Here is a great link to help you gather information and start your research. Of course our best suggestion of all is to get out of the house and visit the local art galleries, check out the new works in person. There is a lot lost in translation when looking at fine art work from an image on a computer screen. Let us know your words of wisdom on this matter, share with us your suggestions for new art collectors.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your anwser...collect what you love! As an emerging artist I am finding that to be very much the same answer when I ask myself...what shall I paint today? I began painting for the market...a year has past and I am now painting from my heart, though my style has changed my passion has increased!

    ReplyDelete